Fallow ground to be planted, 2015.
News & Events
- Take baseline soil sampling data
- Plant winter wheat
- Collect wheat samples for yield/quality data
- Collect soil samples prior to cover crop
- Plant fall cover crop
- Terminate cover crop in Spring.
- Summer fallow.
- Plant winter wheat in Fall.
Lewis Farm has been in production for over sixty years with dryland winter wheat being their main cash crop. They also specialize in oil seeds and dryland alfalfa. Recently, the farm has been experimenting with no-till farming practices.
The Lewis Family maintains a Utah-based cover crop field site on their farm operation.